Last Rites news

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ian
Leviathan

Re: Last Rites news

Post by ian » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:38 pm

And who can blame him, ffs, its a shame he didnt succeed in burning the cnut, even more of a shame that he will undoubtedly get jailed himself :cry:
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:59 am

ian wrote:And who can blame him, ffs, its a shame he didnt succeed in burning the cnut, even more of a shame that he will undoubtedly get jailed himself :cry:
^
I'll ditto what Ian said!

I can't even imagine the emotional trauma of losing a son and daughter, especially one so young and under such terrible circumstances. Absolutely horrifying!
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:37 am

Through one of those random acts of kindness that actually, step by step, the world a better place maketh, I finally got mee tentacles on The Many Forms, courtesy of our dear mate Mark Anthony Quested (this had to be told !) Are we feckin' legion or what ? 8)

Pretty brilliant. It does elaborate on the sound, a bit harder without going into this metal thingie, and the muted vocals still add to the overall atmosphere. It would be understandable if the brothers gave up the ghost, but I think they could go very far with Last Rites instead of remaining a cult band. They have the craftmanship of old codgers (though Nod has always been a hell of a drummer) and the inspiration and stamina of a young garage band finding its own voice instead of going for same old, same old ! *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*

Now let's hope…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
ojopaj
Watcher

Post by ojopaj » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Agreed! I'd give just about anything to hear some new LR material.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." — Robert J. Hanlon
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

ojopaj wrote:Agreed! I'd give just about anything to hear some new LR material.
Just sign the contract with your blood… :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:12 pm

With you guys completely. Last Rites is the one band I am really waiting for to produce something...
There is no truth prior to fiction.
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm

ThomasB wrote:It would be understandable if the brothers gave up the ghost, but I think they could go very far with Last Rites instead of remaining a cult band. They have the craftmanship of old codgers (though Nod has always been a hell of a drummer) and the inspiration and stamina of a young garage band finding its own voice instead of going for same old, same old !
Agreed. Especially now, they might fit well with all the post-rock/post-metal stuff that is going on. Thinking of Russian Circles, Pelican and so on (if you disregard the presence/absence of vocals of course).
There is no truth prior to fiction.
Wyrt
Moonchild

Post by Wyrt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Anyone know where I can get hold of a physical copy of 'The Many Forms' album?, don't really want to download it.
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Wyrt, are you in the UK? If so PM me your address - I've got a spare copy you can have. :)
Wyrt
Moonchild

Post by Wyrt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Wyrt wrote:Anyone know where I can get hold of a physical copy of 'The Many Forms' album?, don't really want to download it.

What a cracking record, was as good as I'd hoped :D. Massive shout out to Pale Rider for sorting me out with a copy.
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:21 pm

A pleasure, sir ... glad you liked it! :)
Rockwifey
Moonchild

Post by Rockwifey » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:10 am

Right, I'm really quite new to the internet and I would really like to purchase anything by Last Rites without downloads, But I want them to receive my cash how the hell can I do that? Just wanna support the artists.
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:51 am

Guided By Light :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Last-Rites-CD ... 58943c194b (nice & cheap!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guided-Light-La ... 739&sr=1-1

Many Forms :

This album was a self release & is harder to get hold of, but it might be worth trying their sadly neglected Myspace page ... or this rather expensive site :

http://www.discogs.com/Last-Rites-The-M ... se/1687996

Happy hunting! :)
Rockwifey
Moonchild

Post by Rockwifey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 am

Thank you for those links Pale Rider :D
Dr Cerebus
Watcher

Post by Dr Cerebus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 am

DAMN! Saw posts in this thread and thought there might be new and exciting news. :evil:

On the upsaide, always good to see someone else getting into LR *smoking*
falling from ecstasy...
...amongst other things