The Sons of Neverland

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Xiberius
Psychonaut

Re: The Sons of Neverland

Post by Xiberius » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:08 pm

I am looking for their CD if anyone of you have one, please, give it to me, it's pish for you afer all:)
˙˙˙uıʞlɐʇ dǝǝʞ
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Xiberius wrote:I am looking for their CD if anyone of you have one, please, give it to me, it's pish for you afer all:)
If you don't mind a copy (since it's unavailable anyway), PM me mate ! *smoking*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Mercy
Moonchild

Post by Mercy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:03 pm

SOULKEEPER is not SO bad, but there's an abyss between SON and FOTN.
if u got 2 mins to read ... otherwise skip my post:
1- "Her captive soul" nice riff, but dont expect goth stuff from, voiceline is not so inspired
2- "Redemptive fire" nice bass line, voiceline as before
3- "Amnesia" maybe one of best track in
4- "For love we fall" as before, well-structured track
5- "Relief" hem #1... souns like "slow kill" :?
6- "Liberate" take 'nothing else matter' intro and 'sumerland' bassline, shake and serve cold
7- "Dream" hem #2... IS "wet for the insane", guitar arpeggio is just a bit different, chorus is nice, but this song IS W4TI.
8- "Resurrected" nice song based on a lovely bassline
9- "Requiem" around 4th minute u can hear the worst vocal performance in this album, personally don't like.
10- "Soulkeeper" - drumline reminds a lot Submission, closing similarly to "Laura"
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Mercy wrote:SOULKEEPER is not SO bad, but there's an abyss between SON and FOTN.
if u got 2 mins to read ... otherwise skip my post:
1- "Her captive soul" nice riff, but dont expect goth stuff from, voiceline is not so inspired
2- "Redemptive fire" nice bass line, voiceline as before
3- "Amnesia" maybe one of best track in
4- "For love we fall" as before, well-structured track
5- "Relief" hem #1... souns like "slow kill" :?
6- "Liberate" take 'nothing else matter' intro and 'sumerland' bassline, shake and serve cold
7- "Dream" hem #2... IS "wet for the insane", guitar arpeggio is just a bit different, chorus is nice, but this song IS W4TI.
8- "Resurrected" nice song based on a lovely bassline
9- "Requiem" around 4th minute u can hear the worst vocal performance in this album, personally don't like.
10- "Soulkeeper" - drumline reminds a lot Submission, closing similarly to "Laura"
Thats a very good description. Although I can't agree with you on 'Requiem', I love that song. The only songs I was'nt that mad about were 'Redemptive fire, Relief and Resurrected. Otherwise it's a great take on the classic 80's Nephilim sound. I've still yet to hear a Nephilimesque band that has sound very very close to the mighty 'Elizium'.
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:22 pm

If SoN hadn't blatantly ripped parts out of FotN songs they would have had a chance to stand on their own. But this way it is unbearable to listen to the album unless you're very desperate for new FotN like stuff. (Which I am sometimes.) But then maybe the SoN didn't even realize it. Happened to me a few weeks ago: I thought I had a fine idea for a song but when I played it on the keyboard without the lyrics a few days later, I realized that the best part was from Moonchild.

I'd rather advocate Secret Discovery with "Cage of Desire", "In My Dreams" or "Small World". There's a FotN atmosphere somewhere in these songs without being a rip-off.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Mercy
Moonchild

Post by Mercy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:56 pm

WolfLover wrote: Thats a very good description. Although I can't agree with you on 'Requiem', I love that song. The only songs I was'nt that mad about were 'Redemptive fire, Relief and Resurrected. Otherwise it's a great take on the classic 80's Nephilim sound. I've still yet to hear a Nephilimesque band that has sound very very close to the mighty 'Elizium'.
hi WL, glad u appreciate my impressions about SoN. to be honest we stand in front of a nice band, somewhere you can find also an interesting cover of Sisters of Mercy.
but i see they released only 1 album in 1995 - hope to be not wrong about year -, maybe could show real merits in a hypothetical second album.

v.
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Mercy wrote: hi WL, glad u appreciate my impressions about SoN. to be honest we stand in front of a nice band, somewhere you can find also an interesting cover of Sisters of Mercy.
but i see they released only 1 album in 1995 - hope to be not wrong about year -, maybe could show real merits in a hypothetical second album.

v.
Hi Mercy and welcome to this forum. It's a pretty good album alright and their are also some Sisters influences in there as well. That was their one and only album back in 1995, so you are right about that. :D
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
Mercy
Moonchild

Post by Mercy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:09 pm

well, it was "No time to Cry" cover, appeard on
"A Mercyful Tribute to the Sisters"
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Xiberius wrote:I am looking for their CD if anyone of you have one, please, give it to me, it's pish for you afer all:)
Pm me if your interested. I also have quite a few other excellent Nephilimesque bands like Elusive, Ahráyeph, Opened Paradise, Love Like Blood, Autumn Twilight and Catherine's Cathedral.
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
S.o.N
Moonchild

Post by S.o.N » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:30 am

Hallo. Interesting. My name is Mike and i am the vocals of Sons of Neverland. I will give you some history of Sons.

We were active 1991 -2001 and theres a lot more material in our studio, but time cought up and Pim got a couple of kids and I got 5 kids, for the moment Sons a sleep but material is written.

We started out as a Sisters of Mercy coverband/ Nephilim coverband, Thats probebly why our sound some times are a little bit influensed of these. But the latest are more our own sound.

You can find us on facebook Sons of Neverland

Vocals Mikael Löfgren
Giutars Peter Forkelid
Bass Rickard löfgren

You can find our pages on Facebook as well.

See you.
Ahriman
Psychonaut

Post by Ahriman » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:02 pm

S.o.N wrote:Hallo. Interesting. My name is Mike and i am the vocals of Sons of Neverland.
Be welcome!
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 am

Ahriman wrote:
S.o.N wrote:Hallo. Interesting. My name is Mike and i am the vocals of Sons of Neverland.
Be welcome!
Most indeedy ! It takes guts for musician to step up and defend their stuff or even just explain how it came to be (though fortunately, here, trolling is kept to a very minimum… *smoking* )
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Post by Enoch » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

ThomasB wrote:Most indeedy ! It takes guts for musician to step up and defend their stuff or even just explain how it came to be (though fortunately, here, trolling is kept to a very minimum… *smoking* )
As of late it is kept like that, yes... as is posting here in general :/ I agree with your statement about what it takes for a musician to join a discussion about his work. Some others appeared here too (remember certain Wrights, NFD- and TEH-related posters who were very quiet indeed lately / quit the forum).
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:27 am

Enoch wrote:
ThomasB wrote:Most indeedy ! It takes guts for musician to step up and defend their stuff or even just explain how it came to be (though fortunately, here, trolling is kept to a very minimum… *smoking* )
As of late it is kept like that, yes... as is posting here in general :/ I agree with your statement about what it takes for a musician to join a discussion about his work. Some others appeared here too (remember certain Wrights, NFD- and TEH-related posters who were very quiet indeed lately / quit the forum).
…They are no longer here ? :shock:
IN NOMINE NEMO !
S.o.N
Moonchild

Post by S.o.N » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 pm

I actually put new strings on my giutar yesterday, starts too itch.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:08 am

Peter Yates' fingers have also started to itch. I see all those things as a good sign. :)
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
S.o.N
Moonchild

Post by S.o.N » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Friday 13/7-2013 Sons of Neverland starts to rehearsal again.
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 am

S.o.N wrote:Friday 13/7-2013 Sons of Neverland starts to rehearsal again.

…Best of luck mate !
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Kostas
Dawnrazor

Post by Kostas » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:01 pm

S.o.N wrote:Friday 13/7-2013 Sons of Neverland starts to rehearsal again.
F**k yeah, this is great news, I really hope S.O.N. record a new album. Copy cat or no, they kick ass. This band has great potential. Get to work cowboys! Forever remain
"...we are the lost ones, in the company of bright angels."
REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reanimat ... 1677029341
http://www.myspace.com/thesequelfotngr
SumerSon
Watcher

Post by SumerSon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 pm

What the hell...... the Goth Cowboys are back??????
This is what i call UNBELIEVABLE news !!! *cthulhu* *cthulhu*
Sumerland Holds me... in Sumerian Haze !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

REANIMATORS - GREEK LEGION