The Sons of Neverland

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 am

Blue Angel wrote:Zoonoids

:roll:
I always knew that i don't belong here. I mean, Earth
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:06 am

Blue Angel wrote:There must be a better word for them...

Zooners...?
Zoonists...?

Zoonies! :D
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 am

Just listened to 'Amnesia' on their Myspace page... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's like Last Exit on helium being rogered by First and Last and Always... :shock:
GreboGoth
Dawnrazor

Post by GreboGoth » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:55 pm

Zooners...?
Zoonists...?

Clinically Deaf ? *whistle*
SEARCHING FOR...
SEARCHING FOR...
I KEEP SEARCHING FOR RED SKIES
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:13 pm

GreboGoth wrote:

Zooners...?
Zoonists...?

Clinically Deaf ? *whistle*
PISH?
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm

D'ya know, I get the impression that some of you lot aren't too keen on Zoon? :roll:
wild bill buttock
Nephilim

Post by wild bill buttock » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:31 pm

angry bob wrote:
wild bill buttock wrote:I'm going to add them. I like them now because they annoy the Zoonites :mrgreen:
They don't annoy me, Wild Bill Buttock. You do!
:mrgreen: :wink:
That's a bit harsh Bob.I thought we were friends these days.Us Zoonophobics do have feelings as well you know :cry:

I think Zoonaphile is the name I shall go for.Perhaps the government will start a register for them :mrgreen:
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Lord Mureth wrote:D'ya know, I get the impression that some of you lot aren't too keen on Zoon? :roll:
I luurve Zoon, I'm still banging on about Sons of Nevermind
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:12 am

wild bill buttock wrote:
angry bob wrote:
wild bill buttock wrote:I'm going to add them. I like them now because they annoy the Zoonites :mrgreen:
They don't annoy me, Wild Bill Buttock. You do!
:mrgreen: :wink:
That's a bit harsh Bob.I thought we were friends these days.Us Zoonophobics do have feelings as well you know :cry:

I think Zoonaphile is the name I shall go for.Perhaps the government will start a register for them :mrgreen:
Course we're friends Bill! How could you doubt mate? And now, when you called me Zoonaphile i think it might be even something more than just friendship
:lol:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:53 pm

…Count me in the Zoona… Whatever.
Seems it's a "Brit" thing. English folks seems to hate it when "Zoon" is revered in other lands (which does not mean that it sold gazillions copies). In France, well normal, label anything "Metal" and it will sell, no matter if it's good or crap, but in other countries as well… Bugger me if I know why !
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
brunobossier
Moonchild

Post by brunobossier » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:30 am

Currently listening to it. Very first impression is that the singer's English is not very good. Music is ok, not spectacular, not bad either.

As for Zoon, would you have bought it if it was released by bands like e.g. Sons of Neverland or any other band not related to Carl or the Fields legacy ? I definitely wouldn't !
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Re: The Sons of Neverland

Post by WolfLover » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:17 am

Caves of the Troglodytes wrote:I had never heard of this band until I read about them on this board a few days ago. There's virtually no info about them on the net, except for a few Ukrainian download sites and mentions on peoples' Myspace music lists.

Minutes after reading about it, I obtained their album 'Soulkeeper' in much the same spirit that they must have written their music, and I have to say that I enjoyed it very much.

Certainly, there has probably never been a more blatant example of outright imitation of another artist. I mean, TSoN directly quote FotN in every single song. They dress like the Nephilim, the singer sounds more like the real McCoy than any of the frontmen of any of the official sideprojects, it's just a total rip-off.

However, they are very good at what they do. I have to say I like the sound of Soulkeeper better than any of the Nephilim related projects, except Mourning Sun, that have arrived since the breakup. I only wish I had heard of Sons of Neverland back in 95 when the CD came out. I was lost in a wallow of grunge at the time. I could have used a good dose of Nephilimitators. Nobody was making this kind of music then, except Rubicon, who were leaning much more towards the mainstream. Rubicon should have hired TSoN's frontman instead of Andy Delaney.

I like to pretend that Soulkeeper is a legitimate Nephilim release, as it bridges the gap between The Nephilim and Elizium quite nicely for me.

OK, go ahead and flame me to a blackened stinking husk now.
I was listening to it recently thanks to another dawnrazor member, Destroy Earth, and I have to say its actually very very good and enjoyable. Some of the riffs and arrangments do sound a bit like fields at times but it does'nt bother me that much. It's way way way better than that aweful boring and uninspired 'Fallen' album IMO.
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
Sleipnir73
Watcher

Post by Sleipnir73 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:46 pm

wild bill buttock wrote:No worse than The Merry thoughts/Sissies or Funhouse/Mish I suppose.
now wait a minute...no worse than the merry thoughts??? come on. at least the merry thoughts singer(who sounds awfully like andrew eldritch) doesn't`t sound like a puking whale....not like the sons of neverland...but what really annoyed me the most was that every SoN song sounds like a bad cover version of nephilim songs.

going to listen to the merry thoughts now...and afterwords zoon :lol:
squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Sleipnir73 wrote:at least the merry thoughts singer(who sounds awfully like andrew eldritch) doesn't`t sound like a puking whale....
How dare you compare the sound of puking whales to the SoN's singer's vociferations! The poor sea mammals desreve better, they do!

(Actually, it all could've been much, much, much worse; you might've compared the whales' vomitblast arias to the "vocalist" that fronts the Garden of Delight . . . Now that would be really heinous atrocity *whistle*)
remember what the doorknob said
Sleipnir73
Watcher

Post by Sleipnir73 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:14 pm

i`m sorry whales...i really am...except you, orcas!!! you stink!!!

did i miss something? since when did the GoD actually start singing??? :wink:
Sleipnir73
Watcher

Post by Sleipnir73 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:02 am

Zooners...?
Zoonists...?

"WE ARE ZOONUM..."

according to one nefilim myspacepage :wink:

http://www.myspace.com/nefilimzoon777
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:58 pm

I've been listening to it quite a lot of recently to get iinto it more, and I have to say its actually really excellent. :D There are a few riffs here and there that sound very familiar, but its still very enjoyable and memorable for me. :D
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:03 pm

WolfLover wrote:I've been listening to it quite a lot of recently to get iinto it more, and I have to say its actually really excellent. :D There are a few riffs here and there that sound very familiar, but its still very enjoyable and memorable for me. :D
You've had a recent head injury haven't you? :wink:
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:27 pm

weebleswobble wrote:
You've had a recent head injury haven't you? :wink:
HA HA, each to their own I guess. To me its one of the best Fields imitations I've ever heard. *smoking* :twisted: :twisted:
Gather all his troubles
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
When I'm gone wait here
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:03 pm

FFS I wish I had of listened to them before I sent them a 'Friend,' request :shock: :lol: