A short video clip from Last Rites

Here within you discuss about the side-projects, i.e. the bands that has something to do with F.O.T.N. and doesn't include Carl McCoy on vocals.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Mont Ventoux
Psychonaut

Post by Mont Ventoux » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:48 pm

shackled wrote:I completely agree with Untitled.
They are the best incarnation to come out of FotN, and that is not to discredit any of the others.

The Wrights have art in their veins, and I hope they keep at it.
Yes, I've always thought so (listen also to "The Power That Be", on Guided by light, to have a proof of this)
I don't know if they play old Nephilim songs live, I think no (while I know NFD have played live Preacher Man and Psychonaut), but they could make it very well, probably better than new line-up.
And most of all, they have the same right to play the old songs IMHO.
And more than that, this is a duty :) 8)
Pandora Panorama
Psychonaut

Post by Pandora Panorama » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Untitled wrote:I sometimes wonder if the Wright brothers, though their sound isn't the most obviously similar, aren't closer to the original FOTN spirit than the others ; on some songs they really manage to make a massive wall of sound with a subtle background tapestry and a certain sense of sobriety in melancoly.
*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
totally agree with this and well said.

wild bill buttock wrote:And all its thorns is my favorite
And all its forms is one of my favourites as well. The end is so very moving. I love Paul's guitar work there. By the way, am I the only one who sees the three songs 'The Turning', 'See the world', 'and all its thorns' as one big song, similarly as the 'For her light' trilogy, though less obvious perhaps?
wild bill buttock wrote:You know right up till I saw them last may at the Giff I wasn't very keen on Last Rites but seeing them live totally altered my perception of them. Incredibly powerful
Never seen them live. I hope I can make it to the May gig. But seeing the vids really got me fired up!
There is no truth prior to fiction.
Mont Ventoux
Psychonaut

Post by Mont Ventoux » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Pandora Panorama wrote:

And all its forms is one of my favourites as well. The end is so very moving. I love Paul's guitar work there. By the way, am I the only one who sees the three songs 'The Turning', 'See the world', 'and all its thorns' as one big song, similarly as the 'For her light' trilogy, though less obvious perhaps?
No, you're not the one :wink:
That's the ineffaceable brand :)