PM problems part 2

Here you report your feedbacks and suggestions. We also want to know if you encouter any bugs, errors and so on.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Wed May 23, 2007 8:17 pm

amanita wrote:also as it seems that the private messaging has a few technical problems...
Yeah it's possible, we have been there before. Can you describe the problem? Any error messages?
amanita
Psychonaut

Post by amanita » Wed May 23, 2007 8:27 pm

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:Yeah it's possible, we have been there before. Can you describe the problem? Any error messages?
No error messages as such, just a LONG delay before things appear in my Inbox (like several hours) after I know they've been sent. Also an equally long delay with things appearing on the "Sent Items" folder. Seems like in intermittent problem though.
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Wed May 23, 2007 8:35 pm

amanita wrote:
TheBoyNextDoor wrote:Yeah it's possible, we have been there before. Can you describe the problem? Any error messages?
No error messages as such, just a LONG delay before things appear in my Inbox (like several hours) after I know they've been sent. Also an equally long delay with things appearing on the "Sent Items" folder. Seems like in intermittent problem though.
Mm. Sound like it's the server which I'm using. I guess most of you have experienced problems connecting to the site sometimes... Doubt if I'm able to do something about it though. :|
...except I change server. Or maybe upgrade the version of the phpbb will solve the problems? Anyone know?

Anyhow, I will wait with that until after the gig when there's not so much going on here, just to be safe. :roll:

I moved this to the feedback thread.
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:06 pm

Ok, here's the deal for the moment (since I don't get my SMTP working and will change broadband supplier in a few weeks).

To get PM to work right (or better anyway) please change this in your Profile:

Always notify me of replies: No

This will prevent you from getting the error message, and probably the PM will find it's way to the recipent.
Thanks
kazamel
Psychonaut

Post by kazamel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:51 am

I'm having problems sending a PM. This is the message I get:

====

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

====

Apparantly, I only have this problem when trying to PM angry bob.
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Ok, that's because he proably haven't changed his profile to:
Always notify me of replies: No
kazamel
Psychonaut

Post by kazamel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:10 pm

Can you get this message to him? 'Cause I can't... :)
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:35 pm

I'm working on a few things right now that hopefully will get us to send PMs without this error messages. ;)
But don't hold your breath, I'm not good at this....
Don
Dawnrazor

Post by Don » Thu May 15, 2008 8:01 am

I sent a message last night which is still sitting in my outbox rather than being sent. Looks like this could be a known issue?
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Thu May 15, 2008 10:26 am

Don wrote:I sent a message last night which is still sitting in my outbox rather than being sent. Looks like this could be a known issue?
That's because the recipent hasn't read your PM yet.
Lord Mureth
Nephilim

Post by Lord Mureth » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:36 am

I was about to sak the same thing; I discovered last night that I've had a message in my outbox for a month, without it being sent - so this is normal?