Here you report your feedbacks and suggestions. We also want to know if you encouter any bugs, errors and so on.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Anyone else having to suddenly log in absolutely every time they drop by - even if you've clicked the option to say logged in? Bloody annoying! :)
Moonchild
Watcher

Re: Log In Everytime?

Post by Moonchild » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Yep, me too :|
Endemoniada
Psychonaut

Post by Endemoniada » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:44 pm

I've noticed this too! :( :( :(
"We dream of familiar places"
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Sorry people I have no idea how to re-set this option so.....one for Johan I am affraid!
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:24 am

Endemoniada wrote:I've noticed this too! :( :( :(
Same here, I was about to post about it, you guys beat me up to it !
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Oskar Terramortis
Leviathan

Post by Oskar Terramortis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:03 pm

this sucks!!!
http://www.gothic-rock.com/
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness. Cioran
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:52 pm

I guess there's some updates/chenges for databses/PHP on my server host... I have no idea how to fix this for the moment. Sorry. Need someone with more technical knowledge and more of.. hm.. energy for this sorts of things.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Hmm, on http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 314AAWR9IJ it says:
When I left the forums it still logged me out. So the solution was to go to the cookie settings in the forum and set name and domain to blank, then path to '/', then scroll to the bottom of the forums and click "delete forum cookies"
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:28 pm

I also see that while logged in, the URL contains the string "sid=", which means that phpBB has some trouble with the cookie management and uses the URL to store the session id instead of the cookie. When we come back to the site, this "sid=" bit is of course lost.

Can you (TheBoyNextDoor) take a look at
  • cookie name (dawnrazor ?),
  • cookie domain (.imaginarywalls.com ?) and
  • cookie path (/forum ?)
on phpBB's Administration Console Page (ACP) under "General" > "Server configuration" > "Cookie settings"?

Playing around with 'em a bit might solve the issue.

If not, we're not the only ones having trouble: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2113544

Maybe it's a bug in phpBB which enables itself December 2010? Can you tell me which version of phpBB3 we're in here?

Thnx, Mark
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 am

Well my post disappeared..

Thanks Mark!

I have tried to play aroind with the cookie settings but nothing have worked so far.. I feel completly lost on this matter.

We are running 3.0.1, maybe that's the reason for bugs.. is it safe to update? Or do I have to create a backup (which didn't work last time I tried)? Too little knowledge and interest to solve any of this I think.
shackled
Watcher

Post by shackled » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 am

And I thought it was just my machine. :?
I sleep with poison dreams and a borrowed hope that died.
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:22 pm

@TheBoyNextDoor: Is it safe to update... Hm, my experience is that you'll usually get the answer when it's too late.

Can you send me the phpBB directory in a ZIP file? (This won't include the posts or user account data but the SQL database login, which is hopefully useless unless one has access to the database server itself.)

I could then try to reproduce the issue, play around a bit and suggest a fix.
Mont Ventoux
Psychonaut

Post by Mont Ventoux » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Me too, everytime :(
Oskar Terramortis
Leviathan

Post by Oskar Terramortis » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 am

Oskar Terramortis wrote:this sucks!!!
this sucks x 777
http://www.gothic-rock.com/
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness. Cioran
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 am

Johan and I might be able to fix it this weekend.
Well, it is already fixed in my test setup at home but I wanna be sure that it doesn't break more than it fixes. The fix is btw just to update the forum software.
mindcleener
Nephilim

Post by mindcleener » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am

Great to hear
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:59 pm

*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* excellent mark !!!
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:04 pm

markandre13 wrote:Johan and I might be able to fix it this weekend.
Well, it is already fixed in my test setup at home but I wanna be sure that it doesn't break more than it fixes. The fix is btw just to update the forum software.
*notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy* *notworthy*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Okay. As everybody can see, Johan (aka TheBoyNextDoor) and I have moved the forum to a new location and updated it to the newest version of the forums software. Even for me it went a bit fast in the end but, well, here we are.

The login issue should be gone by now.

I hope that everything went well. If not, please tell the swine whose server we're now using: markandre13 or if you can't do this with this forum anymore: mhopf(at)mark13.org

People who were moderators before are still moderators. And those who weren't, still aren't. That includes me and I intend to keep it like that, just keeping an eye on the technical side, with the exception of removing spammers. :D

About dawnrazor.co.uk. We will keep that domain and I intend to host the forum under http://dawnrazor.co.uk/forum/ instead of http://dawnrazor.org/forum/ in the near future.

I will also write down some instructions for my wife and the current moderators on how to keep this forum online should something happen to me.
(Ie. plan crash on my way back from Budapest, or even worse: on my way to Budapest!)
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Oh, and because we now have a frame on dawnrazor.co.uk which embeds dawnrazor.org (where the site only temporarily!) we have the same condition as at newgolddawn.com which has a frame embedding 534072.xobor.com... :oops: