Review archive

Here you report your feedbacks and suggestions. We also want to know if you encouter any bugs, errors and so on.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

mugabe
Moonchild

Review archive

Post by mugabe » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Just an idea: let's collect reviews of Neph/Nef albums and shows in a more structured way, in one place. The interviews/reviews section is a bit unorganised as is.

Main Reviews section, then separate threads for each album, shows pre-92, 92-2000, then for each of the shows 2006->, and maybe some more. This would include reviews by board members as well as magazine/newspaper reviews. Maybe moderated to keep comments out. As much as it's fun to read people's chatting, I'd appreciate a dedicated space for reviews.

So, whattya say?
A series of tubes
weebleswobble
BayWatcher

Post by weebleswobble » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:06 pm

If you build it
they will come
The first bit sounds like Bruce Wayne, and the second bit sounds like Batman.
Morphic
Dawnrazor

Post by Morphic » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:32 am

Yep, great idea. It would be good to be able to read stuff on a particular album/gig/review and possibly pics too without it getting all jumbled up. Maybe a series of 'sticky' topics as sub-sections rather than a huge new set of catagories? Go for it.
And after all this? Nothing. Nothing at all.
TheBoyNextDoor
Preacher Man

Post by TheBoyNextDoor » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah sounds like a good idea. But don't think we go for another Review-section, we rather stickify them as Morphic puts it. But it's kinda too late to do that now for the shows that has been done this year. Or is it possible to merge threads together? I'll look into it. *smoking*
mugabe
Moonchild

Post by mugabe » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm

I'd say rename the "Interviews and reviews" section to just "Interviews", as it's not particularly littered with reviews anyway. Create a new "Reviews" section with subsections/threads as proposed. Possibly move any reviews there or have people repost them in the appropriate threads. Maybe even keep it moderated, given that mods find the time for it. (I take the post traffic wouldn't be that heavy anyway).

The "albums" and "live" sections should still be able to accommodate discussions and pre-/after-gig chats, whereas the review-section would be strictly for reference. IMHO, photos are not that interesting since they all tend to look the same.

This would make for an easily accessible/navigable structure, methinks. Also, it would (hopefully) encourage people to type up old reviews without these getting lost in static.
A series of tubes