Roadburn Fest. Review by Pete Green/TheSleepingShaman

Interviews with the band, Carl McCoy and/or various band members. Transcribed and translated interviews are most welcome.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Ngie
Leviathan

Roadburn Fest. Review by Pete Green/TheSleepingShaman

Post by Ngie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:49 pm

The excerpt about FOTN performance : "I’ve got to admit to everyone at this stage that I’m not knowledgeable about Fields Of The Nephilim at all, but fair play to Carl McCoy – he knows how to bring a show together, as well as finding time to create a damn tasty brand of thick-ridged crisps… As he crouches in darkness under that infamous wide-brimmed hat, bellowing out that perfect blend of goth-metal vocals alongside his four-strong band of Stevenage-based rockers, it’s immediately obviously just where acts like Type O Negative directly spawned from. Heavier than I expected, theirs is a path they’ve already trodden well but there’s no denying that bluesy swing underneath all the leather rainmacks and smoke-machines. The 013 rather agrees and hands are raised aloft to McCoy’s solemn growl amid the undertow of melodic riffage. I may be too young for this stuff personally, but I can still see where the legend comes from."

http://www.thesleepingshaman.com/review ... ete-green/
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Re: Roadburn Fest. Review by Pete Green/TheSleepingShaman

Post by Enoch » Tue May 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Certainly refreshing to read a take on that written by someone who clearly hasn't grown up with the genre.
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes