Last-minute Christmas present idea for the Goth in your life

Interviews with the band, Carl McCoy and/or various band members. Transcribed and translated interviews are most welcome.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Amleth
Moonchild

Last-minute Christmas present idea for the Goth in your life

Post by Amleth » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:11 am

The Gothic: A Very Short Introduction is everything you ever and probably never wanted to know about Goths and the Gothic, from the fall of the Roman Empire to Carl McCoy, who has his picture included (and has even inspired an in-joke in the index)

Mediaeval architecture, the cult of the macabre, ballads, revenge tragedy, the sublime, Gothic novels, vampires, horror films, and the Nephilim. Reviewed in The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 43860.html) and available from Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gothic-Shor ... 0199586799)

Merry Christmas!
goyless
Psychonaut

Re: Last-minute Christmas present idea for the Goth in your

Post by goyless » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 am

I thought it was another spam until I read "Goth". Spam never has anything to do with the forum's theme, never.
Carl McCoy from Fields of the Nephilim
Photo: (c) Carl McCoy from Fields of the Nephilim
Made my night!

Gargoyles rock!
Enoch
Dawnrazor

Re: Last-minute Christmas present idea for the Goth in your

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:32 pm

From the introduction readable on Amazon, I gather that Ande Tucker contributed to this essay as well :) Having a look at this soon, it's never too late to be introduced to a subject as foreign to me as Gothic, even if it is only a Very Short Introduction.
Night obliterates the day and all the fun begins
The Damned - Curtain Call

Citizen of a nation otherwise populated mainly by blinded, brain damaged xenophobes