Vive Le Rock, UK, issue 6

Interviews with the band, Carl McCoy and/or various band members. Transcribed and translated interviews are most welcome.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Vive Le Rock, UK, issue 6

Post by Pale Rider » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm

... Plus, CD/DVD review & 'Moonchild' (live) is on the cover CD! :)
Bau
Nephilim

Re: Vive Le Rock, UK, issue 6

Post by Bau » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:52 pm

"you know my mother was very strict and religious, so it kind of took my childhood away. I must admit"

sheesh :cry: :cry: :cry: omg I just want to give him a big hug and a teddy bear or something.
I hate hearing about stuff like this, its so awful and I bet he was the most adorable little boy too

I went through a similar experience but not near as bad from the sound of some of the things I've read. My husband did too and like many who are abused suffered from selfesteme issues the pattern of abuse continued with self abuse and he died of substance abuse +RIP+. unfortunately I was too young then (and too ignorant over all) to understand what he was going through. :(

And I'll never understand how people can do all sorts of evil in the name of religion, especialy christianity. Cause i dont ever remember reading anywhere in the bible Jesus saying to abuse your children. he said "let the children come to me" not force them too! what are people thinking?? sick

Im glad Carl found an outlet through the music, i hope it has helped heal some of the wounds of that.

It seems a lot of the black metal and other music is probly from a similar inspiration but it seems for most it causes the wounds and anger to fester and instead of heal. they never truely escape or move beyond it. reminds me of an interview I saw with this one guitarist, he hated women in general because of his mother, so much anger and unforgiveness. I guess thats how it is for some hurts and some people. they cant get past certain things and just keep reliving them over and over, like war veterans with post traumatic stress disorder. The abuse has ended but echo of the initial abuse is set to infinate repeats. tragic. time doesn't nessisarily heal all wounds. sometimes the scars are too deep. I wonder what can? mabee only love.
Twist of fate wont give me a break and myself I'm slow and tired ~ COC
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Bau wrote:"
It seems a lot of the black metal and other music is probly from a similar inspiration but it seems for most it causes the wounds and anger to fester and instead of heal. they never truely escape or move beyond it. reminds me of an interview I saw with this one guitarist, he hated women in general because of his mother, so much anger and unforgiveness. I guess thats how it is for some hurts and some people. they cant get past certain things and just keep reliving them over and over, like war veterans with post traumatic stress disorder. The abuse has ended but echo of the initial abuse is set to infinate repeats. tragic. time doesn't nessisarily heal all wounds. sometimes the scars are too deep. I wonder what can? mabee only love.
Actually the child abuse consequences, when too deep, are extremely close to PTSD. There is such a discrepancy of behaviours and the science of it is pretty new, so…
Just look at Primo Levi. He survived the camp, became a nobel prize writers, his story are brilliant, by all means he succeeded in life, but obviously, the darkness never left him and bit him on the ass years later… :?
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Now after you both I cannot miss to quote Boris Cyrulnik :

"love is a surprise which tears us away from the insipid, the attachment is a link which weaves in everyday life."
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Oh but there's another interview again, it's an avalanche ! *whistle*
Thank you faithfull Pale Rider for sharing it. 8)
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Ngie wrote:Now after you both I cannot miss to quote Boris Cyrulnik :

"love is a surprise which tears us away from the insipid, the attachment is a link which weaves in everyday life."
the irony about love is that, out of love ( or rather a warped sence of it and parental instinct ) some parents become so over protective and fearful for the safety of their children that they attempt to totaly control them and smother them. they dont let them doing anything for fear they will get hurt or in the case of religious fanaticism, feel they have to isolate and safe guard them from the sin of the world and eternal damnation.

@ThomasB I am not familiar with Primo Levi and his story. sounds interesting.
My mum was a german refugee from WW2 and saw a lot of horror, and suffered a lot of emotional scars from that as anyone who has been through it must I imagine. Its that cycle of trauma and abuse that gets handed down. Which I attribute to how things were when i was growing up. I can see and understnad in hindsight now and forgive. And with my own child broke the cycle. She talks about her wonderful childhood and we are good friends which makes me very happy.

It could be what Carl experienced with his mum could be another case of the 'sins of the father' and whatever made her the way she was. And the bad influence of whatever group she was with. I also recall something from another interview about his father running off to to america with his brother and leaving him behind with his mum, And with the way she was, I dont imagine that made things any easier. :(

Well I do hope he has come to understanding and forgiveness as well. He said he wouldnt be who he is otherwise. I feel that way about what I've been through as well. Though in a way I think I would always be me no matter what the situation. but perhap I wouldn't be as 'educated' in many things.

Speaking of his dad, I certainly am curious about the album he said his dad recorded, if thats where he got his musical talent from ;)
Last edited by markandre13 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed reference from 'markandre13' to 'ThomasB'.
Twist of fate wont give me a break and myself I'm slow and tired ~ COC
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Without religious mother no Sheer Faith !
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:20 am

Bau wrote:
Ngie wrote:
@ThomasB I am not familiar with Primo Levi and his story. sounds interesting.
My mum was a german refugee from WW2 and saw a lot of horror, and suffered a lot of emotional scars from that as anyone who has been through it must I imagine. Its that cycle of trauma and abuse that gets handed down. Which I attribute to how things were when i was growing up. I can see and understnad in hindsight now and forgive. And with my own child broke the cycle. She talks about her wonderful childhood and we are good friends which makes me very happy.
Guy survived Auschwitz (one of the few deported Italian Jews, and the Germans had to enforce it when Mussolini went in Salo — tellingly, in French, Salo means bastard, which is appropriate — since Italians were definitely not anti-semitic by tradition) through his own wit. Basically, everything that guy got in life, he had to fight tooth and nail for. His stories are a celebration of life, also how the passion for your work can free you and make you whole ; he also goit a good reception in Germany, wanting to show the still-reeling German folks what had been done in their name. His stories are so brilliant that he's the only writer about Shoah that I can read. But in a way, he never left Auschwitz. If there's a price for "most courageous guy alive", he'd have gotten it. I bought the theory that he killed himself, but I checked and it's much disputed : he died in a feckin' stupid fall in a staircase. He was deeply depressed, having trying to support another camp mate Lorenzo Perrone, who was engulfed by the darkness (at the time, stress and depression wre not recognized) and finally died close to him. Guy went through the worst and made a deep work of memory : Auschwitz was a detailed experiment in exploitation, where everything was done to exploit a population as much as possible (it was "work camps" — arbeit macht frei — before extermination camps) with no end. He made a life, did lots of good, was renown, but once he's seen hell, he could never fully escape it…

Ah, yes, the infamous "circle of abuse"… One of my reasons for not having kids…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:24 am

ThomasB wrote:He made a life, did lots of good, was renown, but once he's seen hell, he could never fully escape it…
Times change and knowledge goes forward.

Talking Of Love On The Edge Of A Precipice is the title of a book
by Boris Cyrulnik.

"This book has a kind way of telling us how we can build hope, in situations when it seems everything has been lost. With a gentle touch Cyrulnik connects many different personal histories into a valuable multi-experience on emotional healing.

Great style of writing, discrete and gentle, very poetic, yet informative and straightforward. "
(Katarina, comment)
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9124 ... _Precipice
ThomasB wrote:Ah, yes, the infamous "circle of abuse"… One of my reasons for not having kids…
Your unwillingness thus avoidance is understandable. If I hadn't been powerfully incited myself I wouldn't never have committed myself. :lol: Having kid(s) though is the second chance life offers to make the way again of birth and childhood from a new point of view. By accompanying our son or daughter on their beginning life, in the doing we mirrorize and possibly cure for ourselves. We may manage to untangle some of the brain-battering we suffered on our own beginning life. By growing the new generation carefully we are offered a chance to contribute to a better future.

Boris Cyrulnik says it much better with his words and withing his books about resilience for instance.

"Boris Cyrulnik lost his mother and father in the Holocaust. But childhood trauma needn't be a burden, he argues - it can be the making of us. And he's proved it by helping countless others to acquire resilience."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... ren-trauma