Terrorizer issue 216 - 3rd November 2011

Interviews with the band, Carl McCoy and/or various band members. Transcribed and translated interviews are most welcome.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

squishy
Nephilim

Re: Terrorizer issue 216 - 3rd November 2011

Post by squishy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:51 pm

NorthernNephilim wrote:Me was thinking the raggae one which was planned to be released in 1984 featuring a special feature with Eric Arthur Blair. *smoking*
Not reggae, but ska - and it isn't Blair who was supposed to make his cameo on the lp but Suggs.

Who knows, maybe McCoy isn't thinking these days about releasing new albums but about touring with the Specials? It'd be just smashing.
remember what the doorknob said
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:12 pm

squishy wrote: Who knows, maybe McCoy isn't thinking these days about releasing new albums but about touring with the Specials? It'd be just smashing.
I've read the line somewhere else:

"Carl has been working on some new material, which fans might be treated to a sneak peak of at the brixton show"

you know what happened...
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:10 pm

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr08/a ... phonic.htm

interesting stuff

I dont know about Crowely, whos to say what someone takes seriously about themselves. unless he had a grand time duping people and admitted it? In which case that would mean people continue to be duped. Seems a few have been thinking McCoy was seriously following Crowely :D I find it pretty hilarious that Blake and several other of his mathemetician friends most likely came up with the 'enochian' language etc as a way to hide code and people have thought that it was some sort of serious 'magik'. But then I like the paradoxical concept of what seems serious isnt and what seems farce is full of mojo :lol: I gues it is all whaterver you want to make of it or see it to be. Since McMusician never new Crowely personaly I guess he will never know what his real intent was.
Twist of fate wont give me a break and myself I'm slow and tired ~ COC
Emmanüel-Obsküre
Psychonaut

Post by Emmanüel-Obsküre » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:34 am

I had read that too, NorthernNephilim. :(
Personnally, I can hardly believe that they prepare nothing. In my opinion, there are true works in progress, & the sole problem remains always the same : when shall the right announcements be done ? Certainly not before nothing's sure to be showed.
In my opinion, it's not a problem to say : "we work in the studio". It's more a problem to announce that some things could be discovered when they will not be, finally. Deception can poison crowd's desire. I remain convinced that this kind of comunication is not the best way to proceed, even if it doesn't kill anything in terms of desire concerning myself. :wink:

Would it be possible please to see a scan of the pages dedicated to The Nephilim in Dominion 13 here ?
"The true revolution is in mind, remember that & all else shines" (1334)
www.myspace.com/emmanuel_hennequin
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote:the sole problem remains always the same : when shall the right announcements be done ? Certainly not before nothing's sure to be showed.
like i wrote above. That one sentence at this interview does read like Carl is waiting for himself waiting for making announcements. This is very crucial or should i call stupid. Or like German saying "Katze beißt sich in den Schwanz"
Carl talks about that he has been waiting on release dates (Ceremonies, presumably), which are now happening.
Pale Rider
Dawnrazor

Post by Pale Rider » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Sorry, the scans are rough, but to be honest it's such an non-interview, I can't be assed to waste more time on it! :)

squishy
Nephilim

Post by squishy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:44 pm

The scans are OK. But the interview, as you rightly pointed out, is not an interview.
remember what the doorknob said
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:38 pm

for the "interview" that "trick or treat" on the right fits it good. :mrgreen:

But these photos are really amazing *cthulhu*
Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 pm

weebleswobble wrote:Are you going to queue outside the newsagents from the first of the month?
I was outside "W H Smith" in Week Street, Maidstone, at 8.00 AM, with my face now pressed against the glass.

My face now pressed against the glass, get it!?

...tumbleweed...

...Never mind! *whistle*
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:32 am

the reality and garden path quote and a few other things deserve comment but some things are better left unsaid. :|

When I was a kid we used to make recordings too, my brothers were all musicians and had equipment, we'd make old reel to reel recording and casstte , record ghost stories with sound effects etc, great fun. 8) ive always had a fondness for audio books too that had a nicely embelished soundtrack. I always notice stuff like that in movies, I like ones that include all kinds of crazy little random sounds too instead of just your 'symphonic' type track.

That kind of background does show in the music and quality of the composition of many of the tracks. I can understand his disapointment with the Fallen release if he had a lot of neat recording ideas planned for those tracks that he didnt get to try.

He should relsease some of that stuff that he made as a kid. Now that would be interesting. The artwork too. Its been talked about for so many years, what is the sence of keeping it all hidden away in some tunnel under the McCoy Castle where no one can see them?
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Bau wrote: Its been talked about for so many years, what is the sence of keeping it all hidden away in some tunnel under the McCoy Castle where no one can see them?
What if all the hidden is only in McCoy's twisted head... And all that really is there is just talking year after year to keep people interested in the nephilim. Talking about things that are being prepared for some release, whereas all that's being prepared is just a new fuckin t-shirt design...
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:05 pm

angry bob wrote:
Bau wrote: Its been talked about for so many years, what is the sence of keeping it all hidden away in some tunnel under the McCoy Castle where no one can see them?
What if all the hidden is only in McCoy's twisted head... And all that really is there is just talking year after year to keep people interested in the nephilim. Talking about things that are being prepared for some release, whereas all that's being prepared is just a new fuckin t-shirt design...
you know that is an interesting concept and I did have someone say as much to me once.

I've had a few dealing with a similar context. I once knew an unscrupulous musician years ago that loved to tell stories to get people to gigs, it helped him in the short run but failed in the long, saw him recently and got him nowhere. Then there is the satanist thing, if someone is a follower of Lavey's ,they pride themselves as good liars don't they? I knew of another musician, he created this whole 'psuedo' tour, with a website and fake reviews of his shows and all, duped a friend of mine into believing it, they went to a lot of time and expence to go to a venue listed but got there and there was no show. Also told my friend a lot of lies on a personal level, it was a very cruel joke directed at a very nice person. Not my kind of humor. :evil:

As far as the art, it is puzzling when you think about it, for all of his talk about FOTN being about music and VISUALS, there realy is very little visual in existance. There is album art , some of it done by others, and Tshirts, a few scant videos done by others. But no body of work. As far as Sheerfaith they have not displayed publicaly any history of work, no functional website aside from 1 page connected to the FOTN site, no portfollio or list of clients they have done work for, esentialy nonexistant as a business entity (or artistic one for that matter) other than the Tshirts for FOTN with the same logos on them. Do you also think this odd after what would be about 25 years in business??

well all I can say is, I think I'll just have another cup of tea and move down for a clean cup.

Mark Anthony Quested
Leviathan

Post by Mark Anthony Quested » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:31 pm

I am sure that things are planned with the best of intentions, but do not always work out as planned!

My attitude is if something new gets released, then great; I'll buy it. If it doesn't, then I won't. I am certainly not on tender hooks, desperately waiting for the next release. In the meantime, I wish Carl well in whatever he does during the rest of his life.

I have been a fan since 1991, but due to youth and student poverty, I have only been able to get to see Carl live in concert since 2007. However, November 2005 to November 2011 has been an absolute blast! The release of Mourning Sun, the Astoria gig, the two nights at the Shepherds Bush Empire, seeing the Eden House and Last Rites in 2009, and the Brixton gig a few weeks ago. Anything that happens after all this is just an added bonus.
Yours, aye!

Mark Anthony Quested
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/markanthonyquested
Twitter - Mark Anthony Quested @MAQuested
"He posts, in confusion!"
ian
Leviathan

Post by ian » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:04 pm

NFD with Last Rites in 2009 mate not Eden House
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 pm

I've had too high expectations seems so. Four years ago i said i believe McCoy is still able to produce music that will make me crawl on knees. I was excited. There was the new band. And, yes there were some announcements. It really is a big shame he's not able to fulfill any of those so far...

Deep there somewhere i still believe in that. But i'm rather unexcited...
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:31 pm

angry bob wrote:I've had too high expectations seems so. Four years ago i said i believe McCoy is still able to produce music that will make me crawl on knees. I was excited. There was the new band. And, yes there were some announcements. It really is a big shame he's not able to fulfill any of those so far...

Deep there somewhere i still believe in that. But i'm rather unexcited...

You're so damn right! Very well spooken my friend. I own you a drink next time (just to announce something) :wink:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 pm

oldnephilim wrote: Very well spooken my friend. I own you a drink next time (just to announce something) :wink:
That's very nice of you my friend. Although, whether i'll drink it or not depends on how long you own it :lol:
NorthernNephilim
Nephilim

Post by NorthernNephilim » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 pm

read that "interview" twice it got 99% the same structure in text and themes like the recent others in my archive. *smoking*

Only the pictures in the magazine would be more fine so that fans were not that arsed around.
oldnephilim
Nephilim

Post by oldnephilim » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 am

angry bob wrote:
oldnephilim wrote: Very well spooken my friend. I own you a drink next time (just to announce something) :wink:
That's very nice of you my friend. Although, whether i'll drink it or not depends on how long you own it :lol:
ahh, I'm to stupid to write "e" not "n", bollocks :roll: :wink:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
gilgamesh
Watcher

Post by gilgamesh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 pm

New things to come, DVDs, yeah right.

If he really wanted to he'd do it. Psychonaut 20 minute version, Fallen material, other MS era stuff, Astoria Richard Stanley recordings. Apparently it was done or exists. If there's some sort of IP issue and Jungle, SPV or whoever owns the stuff, then it can be sorted. We're not talking big bucks here, FOTN is not exactly Muse or Coldplay or Guns N Roses or Madonna or Lady Gaga and ilk where the stakes are high, it's peanuts really. And anyway if he doesn't do it for business or money then it doesn't matter- let them have the royalties and Carl can keep the cash from his festival shows.

There are too many conflicts in what is happening (or rather not happening ) with FOTN and I am past caring much apart from pitching up at the odd UK show every couple of years as a nice and enjoyable piece of nostalgia.