Terrorizer issue 216 - 3rd November 2011

Interviews with the band, Carl McCoy and/or various band members. Transcribed and translated interviews are most welcome.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

angry bob
Nephilim

Re: Terrorizer issue 216 - 3rd November 2011

Post by angry bob » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:13 pm

oldnephilim wrote:
angry bob wrote:
oldnephilim wrote: Very well spooken my friend. I own you a drink next time (just to announce something) :wink:
That's very nice of you my friend. Although, whether i'll drink it or not depends on how long you own it :lol:
ahh, I'm to stupid to write "e" not "n", bollocks :roll: :wink:
Don't worry mate, it's ok as long as it is a vintage french red one :mrgreen:
morning comes as light burning out my eyes
EatKnuckle
Psychonaut

Post by EatKnuckle » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Look at the third scan, they shopped away his shoulder.

once you see it it can never be unseen :shock:
Last edited by EatKnuckle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...cover his face...
Mont Ventoux
Psychonaut

Post by Mont Ventoux » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Composing music is not easy, clearely, most of all because we know how high are the expectations of Carl Mc Coy when we talk about recording or release new material. And we respect so much him also for his artistic integrity.
The problem (for me) is that the musicians that play with him now are very very far from the old stuff, in order of capability to create music.
One thing is put together a good tribute band and an other completely different thing is having a creative band, able to add something to the old glorious and epic songs so far..

Ok the DVD or the live performances but what is important to me when I have to consider if a band is really alive or not is his capability to recording new material and onestly I have many doubts by now.
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:24 pm

*notworthy* *notworthy* Mont V. I think you hit one important nail in this particular goff coffin.
First; there is not such a thing as new young, buying, followers. Time´s, they have changed, boy.
They don´t buy and they hop next thing interesting.
Second; it also includes new `band members`. Generation gap bags no fame for these days.
I think MC has figured this out also; but he will not make an annoucement out of it.
Не за что
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 pm

=>Pale Rider : I owe you a big thank your for sharing this article in full size. :o :D *notworthy* May it take the shape that you like (liquid, solid, sonic ;-) to bless you in return)

Amazing photographs indeed. Who's the maker of this artwork from the shot to finalization of the composition) ?

=>Angry Bob :
What if all the hidden is only in McCoy's twisted head... And all that really is there is just talking year after year to keep people interested in the nephilim. Talking about things that are being prepared for some release, whereas all that's being prepared is just a new fuckin t-shirt design...
I suppose things come and go in ease head so to speak just the same as things come and go in music industry:
An idea is caught like a butterfly (or a glimpse) then it lays somewhere in the temporary memory. Time for maturation process will last as long as it takes for inspiration and working altogether to lead to realization. In the meantime : talking.. gossip.. whatever is just about keeping it in use, fresh and unforgettable, the same as writing your last dream right at awakening before it goes away.
durak
Watcher

Post by durak » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:14 am

in that dreamworld i make better music for the band
Time for maturation process will last as long as it takes
it includes that masturbation process
Не за что
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:11 am

squishy wrote:The scans are OK. But the interview, as you rightly pointed out, is not an interview.
Actually I wonder if it was not elaborated based on previous interview. Reporters have a tendency to do that…
Why people still put Lc Coy on the cover of magazines when he does not produce anything is beyond me, especially when other new bands do get their rear in gear to release new stuff…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:19 pm

ThomasB wrote:
squishy wrote:The scans are OK. But the interview, as you rightly pointed out, is not an interview.
Actually I wonder if it was not elaborated based on previous interview. Reporters have a tendency to do that…
so you think the whole interview was concocted out of the mad mind of one of their journalists?
:lol: I like that :twisted:
squishy wrote: Why people still put Lc Coy on the cover of magazines when he does not produce anything is beyond me, especially when other new bands do get their rear in gear to release new stuff…

because he is cute? you know like how they put the cutest saddest most pathetic looking pup on the cover of the RSPCA magazine so that you will donate?
Twist of fate wont give me a break and myself I'm slow and tired ~ COC
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:37 pm

ThomasB wrote: Actually I wonder if it was not elaborated based on previous interview. Reporters have a tendency to do that…
Why people still put Lc Coy on the cover of magazines when he does not produce anything is beyond me, especially when other new bands do get their rear in gear to release new stuff…
McCoy actually visited Terrorizer HQ couple of weeks ago. They like him there (he should appreciate that more) :twisted:
Correct me if i'm wrong... Dominion mag is just a bonus to monthly Terrorizer issue.

McCoy probably still appears on the covers of German goth/dark wave/industrial press. He seems to be a desirable persona for this kinda niche of rock music, even in these hard times of his phonographic activity :mrgreen: It would be a different story if his band was still called Nefilim. Shame it isn't btw (you know me)...
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:03 am

EatKnuckle wrote:Look at the third scan, they shopped away his shoulder.

Yes I stopped on it as well and there's a background instead.
To answer my own question "who made the photographs" I found one by Ino Mei with the same hat, so perhaps she did the shots and then sheerfaith "customized" them.
http://chicladiesrockbetter.blogspot.com/
angry bob
Nephilim

Post by angry bob » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:25 am

Ngie wrote:

Yeah, it was eaten by the fire...
The shot is taken from the angle. His head is turned to his right a bit. And the misteriously disappearing shoulder is right behind the hair falling on chest.

I'm still impressed by your imagination people :wink:
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Ngie wrote:

To answer my own question "who made the photographs" I found one by Ino Mei with the same hat, so perhaps she did the shots and then sheerfaith "customized" them.
nice photos, dont care for the lighting in many of them myself but some I think were done well. nice pic of Carl but it looks differnt from those others.. ? I would think they would have picked a better one to display their work.
hey and there is a pic of guys from Monster Magnet under Carls pic :) :) their drummer (guy in the middle) used to also play for a friends local band. good times. 8)
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:17 pm

'People need artists to believe in'
:?
People need artists to believe in the art they make
People need artists to believe from
People need artists to dream on
As for artists:
Artists need people to believe in them

rather :P :wink:
Naphtalin
Moonchild

Post by Naphtalin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Ngie wrote: To answer my own question "who made the photographs" I found one by Ino Mei with the same hat, so perhaps she did the shots and then sheerfaith "customized" them.
It's written under the title, page 6, who made the pics. That's Taya Uddin.
Le site http://www.ClicAnimaux.com permet en un clic de nourrir gratuitement un animal abandonné.
Bau
Nephilim

Post by Bau » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Ngie wrote:'People need artists to believe in'
:?
People need artists to believe in the art they make
People need artists to believe from
People need artists to dream on
As for artists:
Artists need people to believe in them

rather :P :wink:
in this case, the sad reality and paradox is - if people can't believe them, how can they believe in them?
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:33 pm

"Believe" is such a nasty word. :wink:
I'd rather say: Artists need people who like their art.
"People" here includes the artist her-/himself so that it is sufficient that the artist is the only one who likes her/his art. Just ask Kafka.
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Caugh-caugh hem.. yes Kafka ought to be a reference in the matter of belief, not funny enough however. Narf! :mrgreen:
Ngie
Leviathan

Post by Ngie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks Naphtalin for your answer. 8) I had missed that line. Taya Uddin has a cool gallery of goth pics. http://www.tayauddin.co.uk/fashion.html
Stranger
Psychonaut

Post by Stranger » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:32 pm

What a sorry fcuking excuse for an interview. I had a coupon for Barnes & Noble, they didn't have the new issues of Rue Morgue or Fangoria I was looking for, so I decided to pick up the month-old Terrorizer. See what was going on with metal - and FOTN.

One page. One lousy page. I wasn't expecting much, but I still managed to get less. (Would it be too cynical to suggest this encapsulates the expectations of many Nephilim fans these days? 'Expect Little. Get Less.')

Most of the previous posts here dissected this interview spot-on, so I've nothing new to add. The only thing new is my reading of it, coming here to read your feedback, and making my first post in 4 years.
scardwel
Leviathan

Post by scardwel » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:26 pm

Stranger wrote:Would it be too cynical to suggest this encapsulates the expectations of many Nephilim fans these days? 'Expect Little. Get Less.'
Aye. This is the new "...keep talking..."