Nefilim review 1994 - Intro magazine

Interviews with the band, Carl McCoy and/or various band members. Transcribed and translated interviews are most welcome.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

oldnephilim
Nephilim

Nefilim review 1994 - Intro magazine

Post by oldnephilim » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:17 am

A nice review, with a few interview parts from 1994 right here:

http://www.intro.de/kuenstler/interview ... -return-of

German language, if I find some time I will "shortly" translate it, but please patience!

:wink:
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.”
Blue Angel
Nephilim

Re: Nefilim review 1994 - Intro magazine

Post by Blue Angel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Bet it just says "Jism"

*grabs coat and runs like hell!*

:wink:
Fields of the Neffalump

Jism!
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Re: Nefilim review 1994 - Intro magazine

Post by WolfLover » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks Northern Nephilim. Here it is translated from German to English. The wording is a bit rough, but it's still very readable though.

At the pre-Christmas evening of 19 December '93, two years after the separation of the old FIELDS, should we darken torrential rain the way to the concert of the new Nefilim to Carl McCoy. In the biblical account of the flood meant the end of the Nefilim, and now this "Black Rain" bears witness to their return. Fog, mist everywhere: Blue light shone through sacred music, the voices of supporters calling for her Saviour: Carl, Carl, Carl. The auxiliary Nefilim appeared shadowy, pounding guitars suspended, and then - finally - came the longed for a hat.
That evening, however, everything was much faster, harder and more aggressive than we were accustomed NEPH from old times. In short heavy. Who is the only previously published piece "Chaocrazy" of 2 Beggars Banquet sampler did not know, should have been surprised by the new sound. It was then also under the old-FOTN some supporters disappointed and even shocked to see faces. While these fans probably already mourned the old NEPH times, most of those present were well-filled in PC69 Bielefeld like to relocate under the spell of Carl McCoy. The concerts on the occasion of the Zillo festival tour was for Carl and his new band, a "warm-up" as the new material was not introduced at that time in England.

The new album will be, however, according to Carl, not be "horribly heavy". "What the people are striking at the moment the extreme side of the new album. I think his whole look is much more extreme, faster, harder and more aggressive. It's very energetic.'s Exactly what I wanted. There is also some atmospheric pieces on the Album type. Eben ups and downs. When I go on tour, I need a balance of both."
The new band and the question of whether the Nefilim were only a synonym for Carl McCoy, says Carl, the new musicians were floating on its wavelength longer than that of the old Fields of the Nephilim. What he is happy, of course, he has long to find the right people. This band is not all stuck, quite the contrary: it inspiring to work with new people. With these musicians he could implement the ideas in his head. For Carl, it would be inconceivable with "functioning robot" to work together, he needed musicians around him with genuine ideas and opinions.
This should not obscure the fact that concept is still Carls The Nefilim: "The Nefilim always stay with me." So also McCoys texts are still very personal. They represent moments in his life - feelings during the last 10 years, and paranormal experiences from a very young age.

Carl, who has no definite formula to writing a song, in this regard but called experimental person expects from his listeners not think they feel when listening to what he felt when he wrote the song. Something like this would come across already, says Carl. And some people would even understand. "My personal feelings are but they go a little deeper, stronger. They are not to be accommodated in a song."
Asked about shamanism, McCoy explains that this is an individual thing. There we have chaos and magic. But it is a way for one person to be alone. Religiously, he would never have been:".. I have never seen something good comes from religion, never I see it as dangerous game, something for people that other people need to be done". A motto of the shaman is : would be "walk through the walls of hell" Psychologically, the said Carl, just a reason for his dark and mystical music. "I am determined to do what I did on this album make the album a pretty bad time -.. And many people say that I had to do what I did was a kind of hell a kind of sacrifice. something that was safe, as my old band. It was all good progress, then everything was taken away, and I started again. How I see it in parallel as a psychological journey to shamanism. In modern way it is called "psychologically" in the old way can we speak of shamanism, this is just my way I've got my dark thoughts and dark emotions -.... these are my inspiration It's always in my life, this is a dark world, a very dark world. So I'll take you on!"
Well, but what he is looking for now in fact, that Carl McCoy, who is so fascinated by themes of death and reincarnation? Maybe after a goal ...? "Not exactly. I'm looking for more of the reason for my being here and where I go!"

The shoe to do with all the mystical and occult trappings only wants money, not tighten, Carl. It would give him inspiration, and he could not simply dismiss. But he'll do it honestly, coming from the inside. Just a way that was intended for him, but not to preach to people. Although he could live off the record sales, but money was not important to him. If he had more of it, he would spend it on bigger productions and better albums. Would have his new album for example consumed twice as much as its predecessor.
Carl McCoy behind the stage: an amiable, talkative and open person. And he wrote on our ticket nothing sinister, but what also search the shaman behind the "walls of light"! Let us witness the reincarnation of the Sun" - After the Flood, it was the rainbow, a child of the sun, who welcomed the survivors. We see the rainbow as a sign of hope for the Nefilim, and we are looking forward to what comes.
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile