Interview after Mourning Sun release

Interviews with the band, Carl McCoy and/or various band members. Transcribed and translated interviews are most welcome.

Moderators: Morphic, Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

markandre13
Leviathan

Interview after Mourning Sun release

Post by markandre13 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:31 am

I recently stumbled over the following 20min telephone interview:

http://cathedral13.com/blog13/old-field ... interview/

There are three other audio streams with their player on the left side of the page and you may want to switch the active one of before listening to the interview.

Topics covered:
- From the "Ice Cage" to recording in Norway
- Gaps between releases
- Live gigs and musicians
- Zoon ("the answer to Elysium", "not being restricted by this slow and dreary band" :wink: )
- "I love the cold"
- favourite track (all), writing lyrics
- the old band
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson
gingerpazuzu
Nephilim

Re: Interview after Mourning Sun release

Post by gingerpazuzu » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:21 am

*notworthy* *notworthy* a big thankyou for posting this :D :D :D
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:23 am

c13 wrote:Thank you for listening.
…Hee hee…
Off topic, but does your signature mentions the internet radio I put on most of the time while working ? :mrgreen: *notworthy*
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
c13
Moonchild

Post by c13 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:28 pm

That's me. On June 22nd, Cathedral 13 celebrates 8yrs online. Without great artists like Fields of the Nephilim and listeners from all over the world Cathedral 13 wouldn't exist. Thank you to everyone who has helped support it.
WolfLover
Dawnrazor

Post by WolfLover » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks in advance for this, I can't wait to listen to it. :D
If you pass through my soul tonight
Gather all his troubles
Tomorrow's long with eternal night
Gather for tomorrow
When I'm gone wait here
Discover all of earth's surprises
When I'm gone wait here
I'll send my child my last good smile
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:18 pm

c13 wrote:That's me. On June 22nd, Cathedral 13 celebrates 8yrs online. Without great artists like Fields of the Nephilim and listeners from all over the world Cathedral 13 wouldn't exist. Thank you to everyone who has helped support it.
Well, I do. It's true. After getting bored with RantIndustrial and others who plays, well, basically my record collection :wink: , I found Cathedral and stayed there. (I just switch to Death FM when I want a few larfs at ridiculous band names like "fetid anal corpse disembowelment of doom" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Nice blend of old and new — keep up the good work mate, and if there's any way to show my support (like maybe some stuff you might have a hard time finding - why is everyone and his second cousin looking for Corpus Delicti's CDs, apart from the fact that they are brilliant ? :mrgreen: ), now you know where to find me ! *notworthy* *notworthy*

Now… back on topic ! :lol:
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
markandre13
Leviathan

Post by markandre13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Damn! I just sit here, working, when Carl gnarls out of my headphones "I'm Carl McCoy from Fields of the Nephilim and you are listening to Cathedral 13". How am I supposed to work like that? Eh? *notworthy*
"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in." -- Lyndon B. Johnson