Dawnrazor-inspired book cover…

Please post your links to other homepages about Fields of the Nephilim and others of relevance.

Moderators: Blue Angel, The Fallen Ones

ThomasB
Nephilim

Dawnrazor-inspired book cover…

Post by ThomasB » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Onk !

I dunno if that's the right place to post this, if not, I'm sorry…

Some who were at the Shepherd's Bush hoedown saw the cover of my last novel, sporting a cover featuring elements from the infamous "Dawnrazor" cover (I managed to give the copy I brought to M. Stanley, Yay !)
For those who were not there, you can see it here (it's the last one, under "nouveau") : http://www.editionsgdv.com/asp/liste.as ... orie=Blade

The content features five necromancers with wide-brimmed hats and leather coats, manipulating dusty old books, who might ring a bell…
Hey, it's cheap pulp fiction, but it does not mean you can't have fun with it, innit ?
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
BlackSun
Dawnrazor

Post by BlackSun » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:23 pm

that looks quite cool mate... sadly my French is non existent - are there any English translations available? I wouldn't mind giving that a read
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Blacksun : when was the last time you saw a French (or from any other non-Anglo country) translated ? Especially considering the sheer volume of non-Anglo-Saxon literature ? (One of the acknowledged best fantasy writers of today, Andrezj Zapowski (spelling ?) is Polish. Never heard of him ? No wonder…)
I know the business. They might make the effort if an author has reaced best-seller stardom, like mee mate Fred Vargas. But otherwise, it's a one-way street only, and the powers-that-be keep it that way…
Fundraiser. You know, it's like Hellraiser, but without the Cenobites, the blood and all that.
IN NOMINE NEMO !
Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:35 pm

ANDRZEJ SAPKOWSKI 8)
BlackSun
Dawnrazor

Post by BlackSun » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:54 pm

ThomasB wrote:Blacksun : when was the last time you saw a French (or from any other non-Anglo country) translated ? Especially considering the sheer volume of non-Anglo-Saxon literature ? (One of the acknowledged best fantasy writers of today, Andrezj Zapowski (spelling ?) is Polish. Never heard of him ? No wonder…)
I know the business. They might make the effort if an author has reaced best-seller stardom, like mee mate Fred Vargas. But otherwise, it's a one-way street only, and the powers-that-be keep it that way…
well one can live in hope you know... Sapkowski does ring bells with me to be fair... but I might be mis-remembering. Thanks for letting me know anyway
ThomasB
Nephilim

Post by ThomasB » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:01 am

Poison Ivy wrote:ANDRZEJ SAPKOWSKI 8)
…Thanks mate, I was not sure about the spelling ! (I should : my best friend's wife is Polish !!!)
But what I meant is that there are whole spans of non-anglo-saxon writing we don't hear about. It's not that bad in Old Europe, right here, there's a sudden interest in Northern thriller writers. BTW a running gag with one of my internet mates from the US is about French thriller writers Brigitte Aubert. He read her only translated novel "Death in the woods", which left him begging for more. She has about 15 more novels out here, some absolutely brilliant, and he is actually considering learning French in order to read them (Of course I promised to send them to him !)
BTW has Serge Brussolo, France's best writer, been translated into Polish ?
IN NOMINE NEMO !